In last week's blog, we outlined some of the questions which we feel are important for the consumer to consider when selecting which quartz product to specify for their renovation. We thought that this week we'd share the answers to those questions, to help put all of this information in one place for anyone trying to understand more about beautiful Cambria quartz.
1. What percent quartz is this product? Cambria Quartz is 93% pure white quartz, which creates an incredibly strong and safe surface.
2. Is this product made from responsibly sourced quartz? Yes. Cambria is created from the highest quality of pure natural quartz. Unlike other manufacturers, Cambria is mined ethically and responsibly in North America. In addition, 100% of the water used to polish the surfaces is recycled, saving an estimated 1.6 billion gallons of water per year.
3. What type, purity & quality of quartz does this product contain? 93% pure, white quartz of the highest quality available.
4. Where is this product manufactured? North America? Overseas? Cambria is manufactured in North America. Slabs are created only in Le Sueur, Minnesota, ensuring incredible quality control. The countertops are then fabricated in Bolton, Ontario.
5. Is this product NSF 51 Certified Food Safe? Yes. All Cambria designs have been certified by NSF International as safe for use as a food preparation surface. Cambria is nonporous; therefore, food and moisture cannot penetrate the surface – the main source of growth for harmful bacteria.
6. Does it have Greenguard certification? Yes, Cambria quartz surfaces has been GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified by the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute (GEI) under the GREENGUARD Standard for Low Emitting Products. This certification allows Cambria to be a point contributor in any LEED-certified project in the category of Indoor Environmental Quality.
7. Will it stain? No. Cambria's nonporous and nonabsorbent surface is resistant to staining and eliminates the need for any sealing. Its nonporous surface also greatly reduces the potential for bacterial growth from food absorbing into your countertop.
8. Will it etch? No. Cambria will not react to food acids in the same way other stone can. Lemon juice, tomato sauce and vinegar will not damage the surface.
9. Will it scratch? Cambria is durable and more resistant to surface damage than other stone. However, all stone can be damaged by force and no stone is chip-proof. Objects hitting edges, particularly at sinks or dishwashers, may cause chips. Though a minor knife slip will dull the knife and not harm Cambria, no stone surface is scratch-proof. Surface markings are more visible on monotone designs than multi-colored surfaces.
10. What manufacturing warranties does this product have? All Cambria surfaces are accompanied by a Lifetime Limited Warranty, which covers the product for the duration of your ownership.
11. What does the warranty cover? How long does it run? Cambria offers a Lifetime Limited Warranty against manufacturing defects. Feel the confidence and freedom of living with your Cambria, knowing we stand firmly behind every product we make and every customer we earn. In the rare case that your Cambria has been damaged, our Customer Care professionals will help make everything right.
12. Does this manufacturer offer a Field Service Technician to quickly address issues? Yes. You can reach a Cambria Customer Care professional at 1-866-CAMBRIA to request a Field Service Technician dispatched to your home, free of charge. Cambria is the only quartz manufacturer that offers this service.
13. Does the veining run through the product? Or is it only on the surface? Yes, Cambria's natural quartz and rich colors go all the way through the material.
14. Are installers certified? Yes. Cambria® only supplies and manufactures quartz countertops to companies who have been educated at Cambria® University in Minnesota.
15. Does the manufacturer colour/design match? Yes. While exact vein matching, colour matching and design matching are never guaranteed due to the unique natural beauty of each slab, every attempt is made to ensure the best colour & design match.
We hope this helps answer some of the questions you may have about Cambria! If you have any additional questions you can always reach one of our helpful staff members who will be happy to help. Inquiries can be made to 905-967-0949.